PORTLAND, Ore. — Looking for an COVID-19 vaccine for your 5- to 11-year-old? Appointments are filling up fast, but there are many options across the Portland metro area. The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) said demand is high, but there is more supply now than there was for adults during the initial vaccine rollout. Appointments may be fully booked when you check. Openings are updated as providers get more vaccine supply.
This list will be updated.
Vaccine finder tools
- Oregon Health Authority Vaccine Finder - Oregon has a website where you can find a vaccine site near you. Click on 'filter your results' and select 'Pfizer age 5 to 11'
- Washington Vaccine Locator - Washington also its own vaccine finder tool. Type in your zip code to find appointments within 50 miles of your location. You can also use the filters to find slots specifically for children age 5-11.
- CDC Vaccines.gov
Portland hospitals, clinics and special events
Portland Public Schools clinics
Eight PPS elementary schools will host on-site vaccine clinics in the coming weeks. Students will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a vaccine. Parents or guardians will also be able to get COVID-19 vaccines or boosters or a flu shot at the clinics.
Clinics will be held at:
- Boise-Eliot/Humboldt Elementary
- César Chávez K-8
- Faubion PK-8
- Lent Elementary
- Rigler Elementary
- Rosa Parks Elementary
- Scott Elementary
- Sitton Elementary
There are several upcoming county-sponsored vaccine clinics for kids age 5 to 11. Kids under the age of 15 must either be with a parent or guardian, or bring a note saying they give permission. No ID or medical insurance is needed.
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are recommended. To make an appointment, call (503) 988-5558.
Reynolds Middle School, north gym
- Nov. 17 from 3:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Dec. 8 from 3:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
David Douglas High School, south campus
- Nov. 22 from 3:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Dec. 13 from 3:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Washington County is sponsoring a number of walk-in clinics for kids age 5 to 11 to get vaccinated beginning Nov. 9. Be aware that because of the nature of walk-in clinics, they might not be able to accommodate everyone who shows up.
Clackamas County is sponsoring clinics for North Clackamas School District students and their families, held on Wednesdays by appointment only at Clackamas Town Center.
- Nov. 10, 17, Dec. 1, 8, 15 and 29 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Nov. 24 and Dec. 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Students under age 15 will need a parent or guardian present
- Click here to begin scheduling — use location code "kids"