PORTLAND, Ore. — Just in time for the return of the rainy season, get the latest weather alerts and forecasts for Portland and Southwest Washington on your smartphone!
Get the Portland area forecast morning, noon, evening and night from meteorologists Matt Zaffino, Rod Hill, Joe Raineri, Chris McGinness, Vanessa Paz and Keely Chalmers.
And now you can take the app with you for hourly forecasts, severe weather alerts, radar and satellite images wherever you travel.
(Story continues below)
The new KGW app also includes:
- Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
- 250-meter radar, the highest resolution available
- Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
- Current weather updated multiple times per hour
- Ability to add and save your favorite locations
- Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
- Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
Other highlights of the new KGW app include:
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
- Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
- Read the latest news as it happens in your area
- Explore exclusive investigative stories
- Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
- Away from your TV? Watch live on-air newscasts right on your device
- Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
- Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
- Custom alerts based on your exact location
- Share stories and videos directly with your friends and family
- As-Seen-On-TV section to quickly access important info you’ve seen during broadcasts
- See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
- Get information on school delays and closings as they happen
The KGW app is updated regularly, so that we can make it better for you. For the best experience, we encourage you to turn on automatic updates to make sure you get all of the latest features and improvements.