PORTLAND, Ore — It’s not your imagination, it’s been a wet January. And our wettest month in nearly three years!
If you like stats, here are a few:
- PDX has recorded just one totally dry day this month (Jan. 20) and we’re not likely to register another (Friday is iffy).
- The monthly rain tally at PDX (as of Monday) is 6.56 inches, making this our wettest month since March 2017 (7.26 inches).
A series of storm systems will keep us wet this week, with forecast models projecting at least another inch of rain in the area through Friday.
Here’s a snapshot of Tuesday's weather headlines:
- It still looks wet, with on and off showers throughout the day. We’ll probably tack on another quarter or third of an inch to that already impressive monthly total.
- Expect more Cascade snow Tuesday above about 4,000 feet. Meadows & Timberline have both picked up close to a foot of fresh snow in the last 24 hours.
- We’ll get a brief break in the rain tonight, but another round of rain is due in Wednesday morning.
If you’ve got a topic you’d like us to tackle in KGW Weather Extra, reach out to me on Twitter, Facebook or you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.