PORTLAND, Ore — The warm temperatures could break records on Tuesday and Wednesday, with highs expected to reach 95 degrees or higher in Portland. But the parks bureau is reminding people that they several fountains are already open, and splash pads are set to open, to help beat the heat this week.
Portland Parks & Recreation’s six interactive park fountains are open now in the following locations:
- Bill Naito Legacy Fountain (at Waterfront Park, by Saturday Market)
- Director Park’s Teachers Fountain (815 SW Park Ave.)
- Holladay Park Fountain (Northeast 11th Avenue and Holladay Street)
- Jamison Square (810 NW 11th Ave.)
- McCoy Park (N Trenton Street and Newman Avenue)
- Salmon Street Springs Fountain (Waterfront Park, at Salmon Street)
While the mini-heat-wave will peak on Tuesday, pushing toward 100 degrees, it will still be nearly as hot on Wednesday, which also happens to be the last day for Portland Public Schools. So just in time, splash pad features in Portland's neighborhood parks will be turned on.
Splash pads will be running from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. daily from Wednesday until Labor Day:
- Colonel Summers Park – Southeast 17th Avenue and Taylor Street
- Columbia Park and Annex - North Lombard Street and Woolsey Avenue
- Dawson Park - North Stanton Street and Williams Avenue
- Earl Boyles Park - Southeast 107th Avenue and Francis Street
- Elizabeth Caruthers Park - 3508 SW Moody Ave.
- Essex Park - Southeast 79th Avenue and Center Street
- Farragut Park - North Kerby Avenue and Farragut Street
- Fernhill Park - Northeast 37th Avenue and Ainsworth Street
- Gateway Discovery Park - 10520 NE Halsey St.
- Irving Park - Northeast 7th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Kenton Park - 8417 N Brandon Ave.
- Khunamokwst Park - 5200 NE Alberta St.
- Luuwit View Park - Northeast 127th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Northgate Park - North Geneva Avenue and Fessenden Street
- Peninsula Park - 700 N Rosa Parks Way
- Pier Park - North Lombard Street and Bruce Avenue
- Raymond Park - Southeast 118th Avenue and Raymond Street
- Spring Garden Park – 3332 SW Spring Garden St.
- Woodlawn Park - Northeast 13th Avenue and Dekum Street
Portland Parks & Recreation indoor pools, Columbia, East Portland, Matt Dishman. Mt. Scott and Southwest, are open. But the following outdoor pools will not open until June 18:
- Creston Pool, 4454 SE Powell Blvd, (503) 823-3672
- Grant Pool, 2300 NE 33rd Ave, (503) 823-3674
- Montavilla Pool,8219 NE Glisan St, (503) 823-3675
- Pier Pool, 9341 N St. Johns Ave, (503) 823-3678
- Sellwood Pool, 7951 SE 7th Ave, (503) 823-3679
- Wilson Pool, 1151 SW Vermont Ave, (503) 823-3680
Peninsula Pool, at 700 N Rosa Parks Way, is being renovated and will open on July 8.