Happy summer, the solstice kicked off the new season at 3:07 a.m. PDT this morning.
Strong thunderstorms with numerous lightning strikes and heavy rain have developed this morning near Beaverton and Tualatin and are moving east at 7:10 a.m. towards Portland and Lake Oswego. These storms will likely fizzle in the coming hour or two. The rain chance this afternoon is slight with mostly cloudy skies and highs in the 70s.
After a record tying 95° Wednesday afternoon at PDX, low clouds and cooler air will hold valley temperatures in the 70s today and Friday. The 7day forecast shows comfortable temperatures this weekend and into next week. I am watching at least the chance of showers on Monday.
Meteorologist Rod Hill, follow me @
- Radar: on.kgw.com/radar
- Weather-related closures: on.kgw.com/closures
- Weather alerts on.kgw.com/weatheralerts
And images (updated automatically):
- 7-day: on.kgw.com/7day
- Timberline cam: on.kgw.com/timberline
- Cannon Beach: on.kgw.com/cannon
- Downtown (Wells Fargo): on.kgw.com/wellsfargo