Clear skies continue today with afternoon highs from Salem to Vancouver warming into the mid 70s. Much of the valley will see light winds, but areas near the gorge continue to see gusty east breezes to 40 mph. The morning wind is holding temps in the 50s in spots such as Troutdale, while calm locations report numbers in the 30s to start your day.
At this point, I expect gorge winds to fade away Wednesday or Thursday. The clear sky pattern should hold through Saturday or Sunday. Clouds will increase to start next week and showers become possible Monday night, followed by a better chance of rain developing Tuesday.
Meteorologist Rod Hill, follow me @
More helpful links:
- Radar: on.kgw.com/radar
- Weather-related closures: on.kgw.com/closures
- Weather alerts on.kgw.com/weatheralerts
And images (updated automatically):
- 7-day: on.kgw.com/7day
- Timberline cam: on.kgw.com/timberline
- Cannon Beach: on.kgw.com/cannon
- Downtown (Wells Fargo): on.kgw.com/wellsfargo