PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland Trail Blazers guards Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum will participate in USA Basketball training camp this summer.
The training camp is Aug. 5-9 in Las Vegas. The roster includes 20 players and was finalized on Monday.
Following the training camp, the team will practice Aug. 13-15 in Los Angeles, and play an exhibition game against Spain in Anaheim on Aug. 16. The following day, the roster will be trimmed to 12 players in preparation for the FIBA World Cup.
(Story continues below)
Listen to the most recent episode of KGW's 3-on-3 Blazers podcast!
The USA World Cup team will practice Aug. 19-28 in Australia, with exhibition games against Australia scheduled for Aug. 22 and 24, and against Canada on Aug. 26. The FIBA World Cup runs from Aug. 31-Sept. 15.
Training camps for the 2019-20 NBA season are scheduled to begin in late September.
The following 20 players are expected to participate in the training camp:
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- CJ McCollum, Portland Trail Blazers
- Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Eric Gordon, Houston Rockets
- Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz
- Kemba Walker, Charlotte Hornets
- Tobias Harris, Philadelphia 76ers
- Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks
- LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
- Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
- Harrison Barnes, Sacramento Kings
- Kyle Kuzma, LA Lakers
- P.J. Tucker, Houston Rockets
- Paul Millsap, Denver Nuggets
- Myles Turner, Indiana Pacers
- Brook Lopez, Milwaukee Bucks
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
- Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons
Lillard has never played for Team USA, though he was named a finalist for the team in 2014 and 2016. McCollum was a member of the USA Select Team that trained with the US Olympic team in 2016.