BEAUMONT, Texas -- Sixty-seven dogs died in a fire at the Humane Society of Southeast Texas Tuesday night.
The fire appears to have originated in a dryer inside the building according to a Beaumont Fire Department Captain Brad Penisson.
A lot of animals didn't make it, said Amy Bean, president of the Humane Society of Southeast Texas board. She added that that the puppy room was the worst.
There were about 200 animals housed at the shelter before the fire. A GoFundMe page will be set up to help.
The Humane Society will be in need of foster homes for some of the surviving animals, along with food and donations for repairs.
Here are some of the items they will need:
- Dog and cat food (Purina only)
- Money donations
- Cat litter
- Litter pans
Fire kills 67 dogs at Humane Society
VIDEO: Nearly 70 dogs die in Humane Society fire; donations and food neededhttp://www.12newsnow.com/story/31479916/firefighters-police-officers-rescue-animals-following-fire-at-humane-society-of-southeast-texasPosted by 12NewsNow on Tuesday, March 15, 2016