PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Mayor Charlie Hales gave his annual State of the City speech Friday.
Hales focused on five key points he says will make Portland's future bright:
- Cement police reform efforts and build a diverse, community-oriented police force.
- Provide equitable access to the city’s resources and economic opportunities, so that every Portlander, no matter their race, class or ability, knows this is their city, and experiences its blessings.
- Carry out a housing agenda so that there are enough affordable housing and homeless shelters for everyone.
- Manage growth with intentionality, making sure Portland is a livable city.
- Continue to lead the world in innovative climate action, making Portland healthier while sharing responsibility for the global challenge.
You can watch Hales' full speech below.