Warning: Video may contain graphic language

PORTLAND, Ore. -- One of the self-proclaimed leaders of the group Portland's Resistance appeared in court Thursday afternoon after he was arrested, along with 13 other protesters, during several small demonstrations Wednesday.

Micah Rhodes was charged with disorderly conduct and a parole violation.

A group initially blocked the intersection at Southwest 6th Avenue and Yamhill Street, near Pioneer Courthouse Square.

Officers moved in a little after 3:30 p.m. and made three arrests at that time. The intersection was reopened. Three more people were arrested in that area.

Police were seen detaining Rhodes, a prominent activist, and taking him away in a squad car.

Portland's Resistance organizer Gregory McKelvey said he was heading to the Justice Center to support Rhodes.

The protesters blocked the same intersection where police used tear gas on the crowd the night of President Trump's inauguration.

"Our focus is the city and the well-being of our city and the people who are here in place to protect and serve us aren't doing that," said protester Danielle James.

After police left the intersection, a group of protesters boarded a MAX train and headed toward the Steel Bridge. Protesters then marched across the bridge to the inner northeast, where at least five more people were arrested at around 5 p.m. Police said protesters affected traffic in the area.

Demonstrators met together in front of the Justice Center later Wednesday night. At one point, some blocked an intersection outside the Justice Center and three of the protesters were arrested.

Click here to see the names of the 14 people arrested

City council meeting disrupted

Earlier Wednesday, homeless activists briefly shut down a Portland city council meeting Wednesday morning.

They were there seeking more help for the mentally ill homeless, citing a stillborn baby and a mentally ill mother found at a TriMet bus stop during the frigid weather earlier this month.

To drive home their point that four homeless people froze to death on the streets this winter, protesters carried a coffin and flowers into City Hall.

Mayor Ted Wheeler met with them after the council meeting.

Activists demand police chief resigns

Another group of activists demanded earlier this week that Portland Police Chief Mike Marshman be fired. The group's Facebook page threatened action, including blocked bridges, if their demand was not met by midnight Tuesday.

"I just want to remind the mayor the message that he is governing by our consent, and we do not consent to being gassed and if he doesn't do something about it we're gonna do something about it," said Jacob Burero of the Direct Action Alliance.

Marshman was not fired and he did not resign.

The ACLU of Oregon issued a statement critical of the police tactics used during Friday's protest, calling it "heavy-handed....expensive, dangerous and threatens our community."

The organization said it had filed a records request to determine how much the city of Portland has spent to respond to protesters.

The statement read, in part, "The presence of heavily armed officers in riot gear to “control” unarmed peaceful protesters clad in jeans and tennis shoes is disproportionate on its face. Worse, it is prone to dangerously escalate situations. Changing officers’ uniforms and weapons can lead to a corresponding change in an officer’s attitude toward the public. Instead of keeping the public safe, officers are “at war” with the community."

Follow KGW News on Facebook and Twitter for the latest on any protests.