PORTLAND, Ore. — The Oregon Air National Guard will continue flyovers Friday and Memorial Day to honor health care workers, first responders and other essential workers who are keeping Oregonians safe and healthy during the coronavirus pandemic.
The F-15 Eagle flyovers, which have already occurred over more than 50 locations, are a joint effort between Oregon’s 173rd Fighter Wing, based in Klamath Falls, and the 142nd Wing, based in Portland. The flyovers come at no additional cost to taxpayers and are done in lieu of training, according to the Oregon military department.
The jets will be about 2,000 feet above ground level and traveling at about 400 mph airspeed. Anyone living near the locations of the flyovers are encouraged to view the jets from their own home and practice social distancing. They are also encouraged to share their photos and videos on social media using the hashtags #AirForceSalutes, #AFFlyover and #FlyoverFriday.
Flyovers are scheduled for the following locations on Friday, May 22:
- 8:48 a.m. Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center, Vancouver, Wash.
- 9:10 a.m. Pioneer Memorial Hospital, Heppner, Ore.
- 9:15 a.m. Good Shepherd Health Care System, Hermiston, Ore.
- 9:19 a.m. St. Anthony Hospital, Pendleton, Ore.
- 9:25 a.m. Grande Ronde Hospital, La Grande, Ore.
- 9:31 a.m. Wallowa Memorial Hospital, Enterprise, Ore.
- 9:39 a.m. St. Alphonsus Medical Center, Baker City, Ore.
- 9:48 a.m. Blue Mountain Hospital, John Day, Ore.
- 10:05 a.m. St. Charles Madras Hospital, Madras, Ore.
- 10:07 a.m. Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center, Warm Springs, Ore.
Flyovers are scheduled for the following locations on Memorial Day, May 25:
- 10:50 a.m. Sky Lakes Medical Center, Klamath Falls, Ore.
- 10:58 a.m. VA White City, Ore.
- 11:10 a.m. VA Roseburg Health Care System, Roseburg, OR
- 11:10 a.m. Mercy Medical Center, Roseburg, Ore.
- 11:18 a.m. Peace Harbor Cottage Grove Community Med. Center, Cottage Grove, Ore.
- 11:22 a.m. McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center, Springfield, Ore.
- 11:22 a.m. Peace Harbor Medical Center at Riverbend, Springfield, Ore.
- 11:24 a.m. Peace Harbor Sacred Heart Medical Center, Eugene, Ore.
- 11:40 a.m. Peace Harbor Medical Center, Florence, Ore.
- 11:44 a.m. Lower Umpqua Hospital, Reedsport, Ore.
- 12:00 p.m. Asante Three Rivers Medical Center, Grants Pass, Ore.
- 12:00 p.m. Grants Pass Riverside Park, Grants Pass, Ore.
- 12:10 p.m. Brookings Harbor, Brookings, Ore.