PORTLAND, Ore. -- More than 3,000 Portland General Electric customers were still without power Sunday two days after a deadly wind storm knocked down trees and power lines across the Portland metro area.

On PGE's power outage list published on its website, an update at 5:50 p.m. Sunday reported that 3,345 customers were still without power, including 1,649 in Washington County, 944 in Marion County and 667 in Clackamas County.

Initially, 218,000 customers were without power in the greater Portland area during the middle of the storm on Friday.

A press release from PGE on Saturday night said the power company had mobilized more than 1,000 employees as well as contractor crews and mutual assistance crews from out of state to work into the night to try and restore power. Crews would work around the clock until power to all customers was restored, according to the release.

PGE also posted an FAQ page on their website hoping to address people's concerns.

By Sunday night, power had been restored to all Pacific Power and Clark County Public Utilities customers.

Power outages: PGE, Pacific Power, Clark County Public Utilities

The wind died down mid-day Friday but a round of thunderstorms and heavy wind returned to parts of the metro area late Friday afternoon.

The National Weather Service issued warnings and advisories for Southern Oregon to the Oregon Coast and Portland.

The NWS said the strongest winds in the Portland metro area reached 60 mph Friday morning.

Photos: Wind storm topples trees throughout Portland region

Wind storm damages homes, turns deadly

While the powerful winds knocked out power for hundreds of thousands of people, many homes were damaged due to falling trees and led to at least one person's death.

A man walking in the Garden Home neighborhood in Washington County was struck by a falling tree limb Friday morning and died of his injuries at a Portland hospital.

Trees and heavy limbs fell across the metro area. A tree crushed an Oak Grove home Friday morning, but no one was hurt.

The Vancouver Fire Department reported a fire truck was responding to a medical emergency when it was hit by a three- to four-foot-wide falling tree. The tree fell through a windshield and broke windows but crews were unhurt.

One person died after a research boat capsized on the Columbia River near Multnomah Falls. Three others were injured.

Interstate 5 in Albany was completely closed in both directions for several hours because of power lines down. All lanes were open by 9 a.m.

MAX trains were running at slower speeds because of the wind but resumed normal speed Friday night.

Some school districts in the valley and Portland suburbs were reporting school bus delays due to downed trees. Power went out in some schools and parents were told all students were safe and students would eat cold lunches.