AVON, Ohio — The Avon Heritage Duck Tape Festival, which was scheduled to take place June 25-27, has been canceled.
The cancellation is based on the ongoing recommendations of public health officials and government agencies to ensure the safety and protection of family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and volunteers.
Organizers said they are not fully confident the festival would be safe to celebrate in a mass gathering this June.
This would have been the 17th year for the festival, which is held at Crushers Stadium in Avon.
Duck Tape's world headquarters are in Avon, Ohio.
- RELATED: Akron’s Stan Hywet opens grounds for outdoor garden walks
- RELATED: Starbucks extends free coffee giveaway for first responders, healthcare workers through May 31
- RELATED: Akron cancels downtown July 4 fireworks display, Lock 3 concerts, & summer festivals due to coronavirus
- RELATED: List: Concerts canceled, postponed in Northeast Ohio due to coronavirus
- RELATED: Sign up: 3News coronavirus e-mail newsletter