MONMOUTH, Ore. – An infant who died in a house fire early Wednesday morning in Monmouth has been identified as 11-month-old Sebastian Spencer.

The family has started a GoFundMe account for funeral arrangements and to recover what was lost in the fire.

A mother and two children escaped from the burning house before fire crews arrived. Her husband was at work when the fire started.

Firefighters with Polk County’s Fire District No. 1 were called to the fire in the 700 block of North Catron Street just before 2 a.m.

Monmouth fatal fire_1502311646048.jpg

Crews learned that an infant was still in the burning house when they arrived. Firefighters tried to rescue the boy but they were unsuccessful. They found the boy’s body after the fire was out.

Two firefighters suffered burn injuries in the fire and were taken to a hospital, according to Polk County Deputy Chief Neal Olson. One of the firefighters was later sent to a burn center in Portland.

The fire was caused by a problem with electrical service in the back of the house, Olson said.