TAMPA, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office says two children are now in good hands after deputies found them in a vehicle with the driver and passenger passed out.
Hillsborough County deputies say both adults in the vehicle had to be administered Narcan to be revived.
"Not only did these two people put children at risk, but they jeopardized the
lives of countless other drivers on the road Sunday afternoon with their
careless decisions," said Sheriff Chad Chronister. "We are very fortunate that
this situation did not end with lives lost, and it's largely due to the quick
response of our deputies and the assistance of firefighters."
The vehicle was found on Bearss Avenue in Tampa.
Deputies say the adults are now facing child neglect charges.
What other people are reading right now:
- Sarasota high school graduate dies after falling from roof in Nashville
- Disney Channel actor Cameron Boyce dies at 20
- St. Petersburg police identify teen whose body was found surrounded by alligators
- US wins 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup
- Watermelon festival, powerboat races, Etsy craft party: 10 things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.