PORTLAND, Ore. — KGW’S “The Story with Dan Haggerty” SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, KGW’S “The Story with Dan Haggerty” SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the States of Oregon and Washington who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KGW-TV (the “Sponsor”) and their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 6:00 p.m. (P.T.) on Friday, May 21, 2021 and end at 6:15 p.m. (P.T.) on Friday, May 21, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter by watching Sponsor’s newscast “The Story with Dan Haggerty”. The sweepstakes will be announced at the beginning of the show and the winners will be announced at the end of the show.
Enter by emailing Lottery to TheStory@KGW.com with your name by 6:15 p.m. (P.T.) on Friday, May 21, 2021.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or delayed entries. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive emails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such emails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. On May 21, One (1) Grand Prize Winner of the KGW swag items will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received containing all of the requested contact information.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) collection of KGW swag items. The items have a total approximate retail value of $50. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or comparable value in the event a described prize, or any portion thereof, is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Grand Prize Winner will be notified at the end of the Friday, May 21, 2021 The Story with Dan Haggerty show as well as with a following message to the email address provided on winner’s entry form. Items will be shipped to the addresses provided by the winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. KGW’S “The Story with Dan Haggerty” SWEEPSTAKES is sponsored by KGW. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after May 21, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KGW’S “The Story with Dan Haggerty” SWEEPSTAKES “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), 1501 S.W. Jefferson St., Portland, OR 97201. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Jennifer Woodruff jwoodruff@KGW.com.