PORTLAND, Ore. — While people stay home and practice social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, there is still one reason many have to leave their home: to get groceries.
This can be especially challenging for people 60 and older, who are at higher risk of having severe symptoms of the coronavirus.
In response to that concern, many grocers have set aside "senior hours" for shoppers in an attempt to limit their exposure to the virus.
Here's a list of "senior hours" for grocery stores in the Portland metro area. Stores are listed in alphabetical order.
- 8-9 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- 7-8 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
- 8-9 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- 7-9 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- First hour on Wednesdays.
- 9-10 a.m. daily.
- 8-9 a.m. Tuesdays.
- One hour before opening on Tuesdays.
- One hour before opening daily.
- 6-7:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.