PORTLAND, Ore. — Cases of COVID-19 began popping up in the United States in January. The first case in Oregon was reported on Feb. 28.
We've been posting a daily blog to track the changes in Oregon and Southwest Washington as we get them. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LATEST UPDATES
BY THE NUMBERS
As of Monday morning:
- Oregon: 599 deaths, 2,804 hospitalizations, 37,467 cases, 743,369 tests (707,788 negative tests) Latest Oregon numbers
- Washington: 2,190 deaths, 7,786 hospitalizations, 93,035 cases Latest Washington numbers
- United States: 214,793 deaths, 7,765,684 cases Latest U.S. numbers
- World: 1,077,836 deaths, 37,594,267 cases Latest global numbers
Editor's note: Oregon and Washington don't update their websites during the weekend, so the hospitalizations and test numbers for Oregon are as of Friday and all the numbers for Washington are as of Saturday.
INTERACTIVE: Oregon coronavirus map
- Oregon health officials on Monday reported 222 new cases of COVID-19 and zero new deaths in the state. Learn more
- Over the weekend, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) reported 746 new confirmed and presumptive cases of COVID-19, as well as two more deaths due to the virus. OHA reported 337 new cases and zero deaths on Sunday and 409 cases and two deaths on Saturday. Oregon's death toll from coronavirus is 599 and the number of known cases since the start of the pandemic is 37,255.
- Mt. Hood Meadows is taking COVID-19 precautions as it readies for the 2020-21 ski season. Learn more
- A Southern Oregon teacher resigned after her school went to a hybrid online/in-person teaching model with special permission from the Oregon Department of Education, despite the fact that the county doesn't technically meet the standards to do in-person teaching. Learn more
- Health officials say that COVID-19 cases increased by 40% in Multnomah County in September. Learn more
INTERACTIVE: Active workplace outbreaks with 5 or more cases
INTERACTIVE: Oregon coronavirus data by age group
INTERACTIVE: COVID-19 Cases in Oregon
INTERACTIVE: Oregon COVID-19 Hospitalization Data