PORTLAND, Ore. — Cases of COVID-19 began popping up in the United States in January. The first case in Oregon was reported on Feb. 28.
We've been posting a daily blog to track the changes in Oregon and Southwest Washington as we get them. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LATEST UPDATES
BY THE NUMBERS
As of Monday afternoon:
- Oregon: 655 deaths, 3,091 hospitalizations, 42,436 cases, 828,128 tests (787,848 negative tests) Latest Oregon numbers
- Washington: 2,296 deaths, 8,280 hospitalizations, 102,913 cases Latest Washington numbers
- United States: 225,434 deaths, 8,669,894 cases Latest U.S. numbers
- World: 1,157,051 deaths, 43,331,259 cases Latest global numbers
Note: Washington's numbers above are as of Saturday. The numbers will be updated once Washington updates its website.
INTERACTIVE: Oregon coronavirus map
- Superintendents of nine Clark County school districts have agreed to bring small groups of 10 or fewer kindergartners to classrooms in the coming weeks. Learn more
- The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) reported 339 new confirmed and presumptive cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the state's total of known cases to 42,436. OHA also reported two more deaths, raising the state's death toll to 655. Learn more
- After Oregon health officials reported a new record high for its daily COVID-19 case count with 550 new cases on Friday, the OHA reported an additional 765 new cases and four deaths over the weekend. On Saturday, OHA reported 399 cases and four deaths and on Sunday, OHA reported 366 cases and no deaths.
- Starting tomorrow, Portlanders will be able to apply for $500 in housing assistance as part of a new assistance program for Portland residents struggling with the health and financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more
- Auto repossessions are expected to surge in the coming months as COVID-19 hardship programs begin to peter out, temporary consumer protections expire, and unemployment numbers remain high. Learn more
INTERACTIVE: Active workplace outbreaks with 5 or more cases
INTERACTIVE: Oregon schools with COVID-19 cases
INTERACTIVE: Oregon coronavirus data by age group
INTERACTIVE: COVID-19 Cases in Oregon
INTERACTIVE: Oregon COVID-19 Hospitalization Data