PORTLAND, Ore. – New charges have been filed by a grand jury against Stanley Wilson II, the former NFL player who was shot by a Southwest Portland homeowner during an attempted break-in in June.

Wilson is out of custody and will appear in Multnomah County Circuit Court on Thursday for an arraignment at 2 p.m.

The new charges against Wilson, 33, are aggravated harassment and second-degree disorderly conduct. He is also charged with one felony count of first-degree burglary, one misdemeanor count of first-degree criminal trespass and two misdemeanor counts of second-degree criminal trespass.

The new charges against Wilson are for spitting on a law enforcement officer and also engaged in "fighting and violent, tumultous and threatening behavior," according to court documents.

At Wilson's June 30 arraignment, Wilson was released on $54,500 bail and was ordered not to go within 500 feet of the residence where he was shot. In a brief statement to the court that day, Wilson told the judge he was "happy to be alive," according to a report in The Oregonian.

The shooting occurred shortly before 4 p.m. on June 22 in the 4900 block of Southwest Humphrey Boulevard. Deputies found Wilson naked in a water fountain in the homeowner's backyard. He was taken into custody, then rushed to a nearby hospital. Deputies say he suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Sky 8 over the home
Sky 8 over the home

The homeowner cooperated with investigators.

Deputies do not know why Wilson was at the home, or why he was naked.

Wilson II, of Portland, played college football at Stanford and cornerback for the Detroit Lions from 2005-2007. Wilson also excelled as a track star at Stanford. Considered one of the fastest players in the draft, Wilson was drafted by Detroit in the third round. He had 86 tackles in his three-year NFL career before being waived by the Lions in 2008, according to Rotoworld.com.

Stanley Wilson_1466722932769.jpg

Wilson's father, Stanley Wilson Sr., also played in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals. He became notorious after he missed Super Bowl XXIII and was found in a hotel bathroom with cocaine and drug paraphernalia.

Video: Former Bengals coach says Cincinnati would have won Super Bowl if Wilson had played

Wilson Sr. was banned from the NFL for life after a third drug offense. He was later arrested in 1999 on burglary charges in Beverly Hills, Calif. He was accused of stealing $130,000 worth of property and was sentenced to 22 years in prison.

Before he was drafted, the younger Wilson spoke in positive terms about his father. "I love my dad," Wilson told The Dallas Morning News. "I feel I'm blessed that he's around. A lot of people don't have their fathers. It's not a burden. It's a blessing in disguise."

Editor's note: An earlier version of this story cited an NBC Sports report that Wilson II would appear in court on Monday, June 27. Wilson is not yet scheduled to appear in court.