PORTLAND, Ore. — The Oregon Air National Guard will be making flyovers over hospitals and other places in Oregon in May.
Multiple F-15 Eagle flyovers are scheduled as an aerial salute to Oregonians on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The tribute is scheduled to be conducted by Oregon’s 173rd Fighter Wing, based in Klamath Falls and the 142nd Wing, based in Portland.
“This is a joint effort to demonstrate support and give thanks to healthcare workers, first responders, and other essential workers on the front line of the COVID-19 response; the goal is to unite all Oregonians during this time,” said Stephen Bomar, director of public affairs for the Oregon Military Department.
The Oregon National Guard encourages people who live in or around the hospitals to view the flyovers while practicing social distancing.
The flyovers are scheduled for the following locations at the approximate designated times on Friday, May 8:
- 8:50 a.m. Peacehealth Southwest Medical Center, Vancouver, Wash.
- 8:58 a.m. Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, Hood River, Ore.
- 9:00 a.m. Oregon Veterans Home, The Dalles, Ore.
- 9:00 a.m. VA Healthcare System the Dalles CBOC, The Dalles, Ore.
- 9:01 a.m. Mid-Columbia Medical Center, The Dalles, Ore.
- 9:11 a.m. Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center, Gresham, Ore.
- 9:12 a.m. Vibra Specialty Hospital of Portland, Portland, Ore.
- 9:12 a.m. Adventist Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- 9:13 a.m. Kaiser Permanente Sunnyside Medical Center, Clackamas, Ore.
- 9:13 a.m. Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center, Oregon City, Ore.
- 9:15 a.m. Providence Milwaukie Hospital, Milwaukie, Ore.
- 9:15 a.m. OHSU Towers (Over Willamette River), Portland, Ore.
- 9:16 a.m. Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- 9:16 a.m. Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- 9:17 a.m. Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- 9:17 a.m. OHSU Hospital, Portland, Ore.
- 9:17 a.m. Shriners Hospitals for Children, Portland, Ore.
- 9:17 a.m. VA Portland Healthcare System, Portland, Ore.
- 9:18 a.m. Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center, Tualatin, Ore.
- 9:19 a.m. Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- 9:20 a.m. Kaiser Permanente Westside Medical Center, Hillsboro, Ore.
- 9:21 a.m. Tuality Community Hospital, Hillsboro, Ore.
- 9:28 a.m. Coastal Family Health Center, Astoria, Ore.
- 9:30 a.m. Providence Seaside Hospital, Seaside, Ore.
- 9:36 a.m. Adventist Medical Center, Tillamook, Ore.
- 9:46 a.m. Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, Newport, Ore.
- 9:52 a.m. Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Corvallis, Ore.
- 9:54 a.m. Samaritan Albany General Hospital, Albany, Ore.
- 9:56 a.m. Oregon Veteran’s Home, Lebanon, Ore.
- 9:56 a.m. Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, Lebanon, Ore.
- 9:59 a.m. Santiam Hospital, Stayton, Ore.
- 10:04 a.m. Salem West Valley Hospital, Dallas, Ore.
- 10:07 a.m. Salem Health Hospital, Salem, Ore.
- 10:08 a.m. Department of Public Safety, Standards, and Training, Salem, Ore.
- 10:10 a.m. Oregon Office of Emergency Management, Salem, Ore.
- 10:10 a.m. Oregon State Capitol, Salem, Ore.
- 10:13 a.m. Legacy Silverton Hospital, Silverton Ore.
- 10:17 a.m. Willamette Valley Medical Center, McMinnville, Ore.
- 10:20 a.m. Providence Hospital, Newberg, Ore.
- 10:10 a.m. Lake District Hospital, Lakeview, Ore.
- 10:25 a.m. Harney District Hospital, Burns, Ore.
- 10:40 a.m. Saint Alphonsus Medical Center, Ontario, Ore.
- 11:10 a.m. Saint Charles Prineville, Prineville, Ore.
- 11:15 a.m. Saint Charles Redmond, Redmond, Ore.
- 11:20 a.m. Saint Charles Bend, Bend, Ore.
“We are honored to pay tribute to everyone who has served on the front lines during this pandemic,” said Brig. General Donna Prigmore, commander of the Oregon Air National Guard. “This is a small way of showing our gratitude for the big sacrifices that our healthcare workers, emergency responders, and so many others have made. We thank all of you.”
All flyovers are approximately 1,500 feet above ground level at approximately 400 mph. Flights could be canceled or times changed due to inclement weather or operational contingencies.
If you get video or photos of the F-15s flying overhead, the Oregon Air National Guard is encouraging you to post on social media using the hashtags: #AirForceSalutes, #AFFlyover, #FlyoverFriday, #Inthistogether