Introducing "8 things to do this weekend," a sampling of what Portland has to offer each weekend.
Don't let the forecast scare you. There are plenty of ways to get out and enjoy a couple of days off.
1. The Portland Brunch Festival (Sun., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) - If breakfast is your jam (get it. jam?) you're in luck. You can sample food and drinks from local restaurants and food trucks at the Portland Brunch Festival. Proceeds go to the Jerome Kersey Foundation.
2. Portland Flea & Food 2018 Kickoff Market (Sun., 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) - Check out Portland's best artists, makers and curators at the Portland Flea & Food 2018 Kickoff Market. You can shop home goods, clothing, accessories, and more. Admission is free and you're welcome to bring your dog.
3. Hillsdale Brewfest (Sat., 11 a.m. until close) - Drink up! It's the 25th Annual Hillsdale Brewfest at Hillsdale Brewery & Public House. There will be a wide range of beer samples, a heated outdoor tent, and live music.
4. Zwickelmania (Sat., 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) - Also on the beer beat, it's your last chance to check out Zwickelmania 2018. Participating breweries offer special events and tastings. This weekend is for breweries outside the Portland metro area. Check for events in Cental Oregon, the Columbia River Gorge, Eastern Oregon, the Oregon Coast, Southern Oregon and the Willamette Valley.
5. Chinese New Year Celebrations (Sat., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) - Lan Su Chinese Garden is the place to go to celebrate the year of the dog. There's a fair with craft activities, art demonstrations and a Lion Dance.
6. Portland Spring Home and Garden Show (Fri. & Sat. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.) - Spring? Hard to believe, but it's right around the corner. You can check out the latest products for your home and garden and get ideas for some spring cleaning.
7. 41st Portland International Film Festival (Feb. 15 to March 1) - If spring seems too far off, try curling up to a good movie. The Portland International Film Festival is underway. Dozens of films are playing at theaters across the city.
8. Polar Plunge (Sat. Check-in at 8:20 a.m.) - Say good bye to February on a chilly note. People will jump into the Columbia River to raise money for Special Olympics Oregon and Oregon law enforcement.