PORTLAND, Ore. — Editor's note: The video above is from The Nerd Out's appearance on Tonight with Cassidy from May.
This upcoming weekend, September 13–15, is Rose City Comic Con and all weekend The Nerd Out, a comic-themed bar/restaurant located at 3308 SE Belmont Street, will welcome cosplayers, creators and con stars alike to dine and drink at their establishment.
But this weekend only, if you indulge in their Green Lantern Cocktail for a Cause, you will be making a donation to the Hero Initiative. The drink is a riff on their menu-regular the Atomic Lemonade.
The Hero Initiative works with comic creators in need.
Whether it be a medical emergency, housing, etc, the Hero Initiative creates a safety net for artists, creators and people in the comics industry who are often working freelance and without benefits.
However, not only will you be receiving a drink for your purchase, but you will also be entered into a raffle to win:
- A set of Hero Initiative 100 Cover art books
- Two hero challenge coins
- A copy of the latest Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide
- A signed print by Save Gibbons
- A signed copy of Brave and the Bold by Liam Sharp
- A signed copy of Green Lantern by Liam Sharp
- A Hero convention kit with an autograph book, drink coasters and lanyard
- All of the items come in a Matt Wagner/Hero Initiative tote!
The raffle will be Sunday, Sept. 15 at the Nerd Out and you do not need to be present to win.