PORTLAND, Ore. — A man suspected in eight Portland area burglaries over the past two months was arrested Sunday morning.
The suspect, 35-year-old Jeffrey J. Lafraniere, was taken into custody without incident at an apartment in the 700 block of Southwest St. Clair Avenue. Officers searched the apartment where Lafraniere was arrested and seized evidence linked to numerous burglaries, Portland police said.
Lafraniere is being held at the Multnomah County Jail on several charges, including eight counts of first-degree theft, 10 counts of first-degree burglary, as well as first-degree attempted burglary and mail theft.
Police say Lafraniere was able to get into secure buildings by forcing doors open or following people with access into the buildings.
Lafraniere is a suspect in the following burglaries:
- Asa Lofts, 1200 Northwest Marshall Street
- Park Place Condos, 2245 Northwest Park Place
- Legends Condos, 1132 Northwest 19th Avenue
- Lexis on the Park, 1125 Northwest 9th Avenue
- Westerly Condos, 2351 NW Westover Road
- Cambridge Condos, 2460 NW Westover Road
- Grays Landing, 0650 SW Lowell Avenue
- Park Regent Apartments, 1949 NW Everett Street