PORTLAND -- If you see Cover Oregon pop up on your Twitter or Facebook feed, it’s not a mistake.
Yes, after $248 million, the state decided last week to pull the plug on the health care exchange, which still doesn’t fully function.
Cover Oregon may be a dead man walking, but the execution hasn’t happened yet.
“Cover Oregon is open for business and enrolling people every day,” said Elizabeth Cronen, a spokeswoman for the exchange.
Cronen said people in Oregon have until Wednesday to sign up for insurance that would cover them through 2014. Their next opportunity to enroll won’t be until November, when the federal government is expected to run open enrollment for Oregonians seeking insurance for 2015.
The question now is whether the more than 200,000 people already signed up for health care through Cover Oregon will have to start the process all over in the fall.
“We will try and make it as seamless as possible that transition, but it’s certainly not something to worry about now,” Cronen said.