MILWAUKIE, Ore. -- Improperly discarded ashes sparked a fire at the McGrath's Fish House restaurant in Milwaukie early Tuesday morning, police said.
No injuries were reported and the restaurant was not open for business at the time of the fire.
"Fire Investigators were on scene and have concluded that the fire started from improperly discarded ashes that were placed to close to the combustible wood siding," said Brandon Paxton with the Clackamas Fire Department. "Damage to the building has been estimated at $15,000 to $20,000."
A restaurant employee told KGW they planned to re-open Tuesday at 5 p.m. McGrath's Fish House is located at 11050 SE Oak Street in Milwaukie.