GRESHAM, Ore. -- Four families were displaced after a Gresham apartment fire Sunday.
Four units of the Holly Ridge Apartments, in the 2700 block of West Powell Boulevard, were burned in the fire, which investigators said started in a chimney.
There were no reports of injuries, but the families that live in those units will have to find somewhere else to spend the holidays.
“It's still going to be a merry Christmas,” said tenant Johnnie Applegate. “You've got to make it that way, whether you're in a Motel 6 or in the comfort of your own home… we'll live."
Firefighters said the chimneys were too old and rusty, and that may have led to the fire. The fire marshal will spend the next few days determining the exact cause.