Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

GRESHAM -- Rescuers sawed through metal bars on a window to free a man from his burning mobile home Thursday night, firefighters said.

The man was trying to save his cats from the Thursday night fire and got trapped in a back bedroom, said Battalion Chief Mark Maunder.

Crews gave the man and air mask so he could breathe, then used chain saws with special blades to cut through the bottom of the bars so they could be pried up.

Another person in the mobile home ran out when the fire started, and both occupants were taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Read or Share this story: