PORTLAND -- Detroit Lions star and Portland native Ndamukong Suh told police a story about his crash in downtown Portland that's different than the account given by two passengers in the car. Those passengers spoke to KGW in an exclusive interview Monday.

Police also interviewed those two passengers and then amended the police report.

Just after the crash on Saturday morning, Suh was interviewed by police and said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued.

Background: Suh involved in Portland crash

Pics:Photos of crash scene from witness

Two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh s story. The amended police report quotes one of those passengers who said she, too, was injured in the crash.

When the light turned green, he floored it, one of the passengers told KGW. I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.

The woman said she was injured in the crash and on Monday, she had a cut upper eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip. A second passenger backed up her claims but did not want to speak on camera. Photos: Woman's injuries (warning graphic)

The passengers requested that KGW not reveal their names, for privacy reasons. The people quoted in the police report also asked officers to keep their identities anonymous, saying they feared for their safety.

The police report first obtained by KGW said that two people were hurt in the crash and one required urgent hospital care. The second injured person was quoted in the police report as saying, He [Suh] was driving unsafe. It was just clear to me that we were going too fast.

Suh himself was among those who called 9-1-1 to report the crash. KGW obtained a copy of that 9-1-1 call. When asked Are you sure you don t need an ambulance? Suh replied, Yes, everyone is fine.

More: Listen to Suh's 9-1-1 call

Yet, in the police report, the female passenger said she told Suh repeatedly she was hurt and needed a doctor. She said he refused and told her she was fine. She eventually walked down the street and had her husband pick her up and take her to Oregon Health and Science University for treatment.

The woman said nearly 50 people swarmed Suh s car after the crash and started snapping photos and she felt he was more worried about his image than her injuries.

A witness named Allan who called 9-1-1 to report the crash also spoke to KGW Monday. He said the driver floored it when a stoplight turned green at 3rd and Burnside. He said it looked like the driver was trying to show off with screeching tires.

He also told KGW there were no cars in front of Suh s vehicle and he did not see a taxicab, either. He said he continued to watch as the vintage car hit a light pole, a fountain and then finally crashed into a tree.

The amended police report now says that one person was seriously injured and that there were four people in the car, not three.

The police report also quoted the same woman later interviewed by KGW. He [Suh] was driving too fast and reckless all the time. There was never a taxi. He was just going too fast and he could have killed someone at Dante's [a Portland nightclub].

Authorities told KGW that, even with the amended police report, they still did not plan on issuing any citations in the crash.

At no point did anyone there tell an officer that he [Suh] was driving out of control, said Sgt. Pete Simpson with the Portland Police Bureau. The crash doesn t meet our threshold for investigation which is vulnerable road user, DUI, or serious trauma injury.

KGW called Suh on the phone to get his response to these latest allegations and he declined to comment.

Read or Share this story: