PORTLAND A 49-year-old paroled sex offender pleaded not guilty in court Wednesday to stabbing a boy in a fast food restroom earlier this month..

Court documents obtained by KGW Tuesday outline details of the kidnapping, stabbing and strangling of a 10-year-old boy in a the restroom of the Wendy's on NESandy onJuly 1.

Charges filed into court allege Adam Brown trapped the boy in the restroom and stabbed him in the neck, hands, and legs while trying to sexually assault him.

Brown was wearing a suicide smock in court and showed little emotion.

According to the affidavit, the victim's family was on the way home from from a camping trip and got a flat tire, which was why they stopped. They initially parked at the Les Schwab next door to the Wendy's, but the store wasn't open. Then, they boy walked over to the Wendy's on Northeast Sandy Blvd. to go to the restroom, while an older cousin waited outside.

The affidavit described how the boy went to the restroom and Brown locked the door. Then, it said that Brown ordered the boy to take his clothes off at knife-point. The boy screamed and fought back and was able to eventually get out after he had been stabbed at least six times, the court document said.

Patrons pushed against the bathroom door, trapping Brown inside until police arrived and evacuated the restaurant.

Brown, already a paroled sex offender, threatened he had a gun. leading to a standoff with police. Documents said Brown asked to call his parents because he was going to prison ... because I hurt the kid.

He surrendered about two hours later.

Two fires had also been set in the restroom, documents showed.

In all, Brown faces attempted aggravated murder, six counts of assault, attempted sex abuse, kidnapping, strangulation and reckless burning.

The boy had to have emergency surgery after the terrifying attack and is now recovering at home, family members said.

In the early 1990s, Brown was charged and convicted for a series of sexual assaults against children in Douglas County. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison and was released after 11.

KGWReporter Kyle Iboshi contributed to this report

Read or Share this story: