MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- Police say butane gas being used to make hash oil exploded in a Medford apartment, and three people were hurt.

Two men were reported burned, and a 12-year-old girl suffered broken bones when she leaped from a second-floor balcony. The two men were flown to a Portland burn center.

Two other people in the apartment were unhurt.

The police said the explosion happened about 10:30 p.m. Monday, and drug and fire investigators are working on the case.

Read or Share this story: