RIDGEFIELD, Wash. A gas leak at the Northwest Natural Products warehouse in Ridgefield, Wash. sent 14 employees to area hospitals Monday morning.

Fire and rescue crews responded to the report of a gas leak at 7 a.m. Monday.

Crews used mass casualty incident protocol and transported 14 patients to multiple area hospitals with minor injuries that included eye and mouth irritations.

According to Tim Dawdy, spokesman for Clark County Fire and Rescue, the reason for the mass protocol was so hospital emergency rooms would not be overloaded.

The gas leak was caused by a battery in a fork lift that leaked and was not charging, said Dawdy.

No serious injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: