CHEHALIS, Wash. -- Twin 80-year-old brothers died from carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday night while working together on an antique car in Chehalis, deputies said.

The wife of one of the victims returned home from a neighbor's house to find the men lying unconscious in the garage, said Lewis County Chief Deputy Stacy Brown.

Detectives responded to home in the 100 block of Ironwood Court to investigate apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

The men were working on an exhaust manifold in the closed garage, Brown said. One of the brothers was visiting from Rainier, Wash.

Both were pronounced dead at nearby hospitals.

This is a very sad and tragic incident, said Lewis County Sheriff Steve Mansfield. These brothers were simply working on a car together and ended up dying from a silent killer.

The identities of the victims were not released.

Click here for resources on carbon monoxide testing

Read or Share this story: