SHERWOOD, Ore. Firefighters scrambled to put out a fire at a home in Sherwood that was accidentally started by a man using a propane torch to kill weeds, firefighters said.

The fire started shortly after noon Sunday at 12020 SW Tooze Road when a pine tree caught on fire from a propane torch.

The fire then quickly spread to the side of the home, firefighters said.

No one in the home was hurt and firefighters located and rescued the family dog.

The fire was put out in around 20 minutes.

Read or Share this story: