MILWAUKIE, Ore. -- Three roommates escaped without injury after a house fire in Oak Grove Sunday morning, officials said.

The three adults were sleeping inside the home, at 14240 SE Upper Aldercrest Drive, when the fire broke out just before 1:30 a.m., according to Jed Wachlin with Clackamas Fire District No. 1.

They awoke to a well-involved fire consuming their newly remodeled house, Wachlin said. The fire was likely related to a bio-diesel storage unit in the attached garage.

Crews extinguished the blaze in 30 minutes. Damage was estimated at $200,000.

Fire officials were told a dog had alerted the residents to the fire, according to early reports. That information has not been confirmed by police.

Read or Share this story: