CORVALLIS, Ore. -- It wasn't quite the blowout many fans expected, but when the dust settled the Ducks had beaten the Beavers 37-20. Oregon had its first undefeated season since 1917.

The Ducks ended the regular season at 12-0 (9-0 Pac-10), earning themselves a trip to the BCS national championship game for the first time in school history.

While it is all but certain that Oregon will meet Auburn for the championship, the BCS standings were officially expected to be announced Sunday. The game is set for January 10, in Glendale, Arizona.

What to expect:Gearing up for travel to the BCS

The 114th Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State started off with a bang.

Before any points were on the board, the first quarter saw two Oregon fumbles, as well as two sacks and an interception for Oregon State.

Oregon State quarterback Ryan Katz was sacked on his first play of the game. He was hit hard by Oregon's Casey Matthews and taken out of the game for the rest of the drive.

That drive ended with a punt, which was fumbled. Immediately after the fumble, Katz was picked off by Terrell Turner, marking three total turnovers in only the first four minutes.

The Beavers' star running back Jacquizz Rodgers scored first with a short touchdown run.

With 40 seconds left in the first quarter, Oregon scored a touchdown on a short pass, but the extra point was blocked.

The quarter ended with the Beavers up 7 to 6.

Photos:Civil War fan frenzy

The next score came with 12:10 left in the second quarter, when UO's Rob Beard kicked a 36-yard field goal to put the Ducks up by two.

With 7:09 left in the half, LaMichael James ran in an 8-yard touchdown, to put the Ducks up 16 to 7.

Another Oregon State turnover came late in the half, when a fake field goal attempt was botched, leading to a second Turner interception.

Rob Beard then missed a 24-yard field goal with three seconds left in the half.

Oregon scored first in the second half, with a D.J Davis 19-yard screen pass for a touchdown. The play was set up by a 68-yard run after a punt fake.

A 26-yard Oregon State field goal with less than 5:00 in the third quarter brought the score to 23-10.

At the beginning of the fourth quarter, OSU had to settle for another field goal, this time from 22 yards out.

On Oregon's next drive, running back Kenjon Barner scored a 23-yard touchdown run with 12:16 left in the game, bringing the Ducks' lead to 30-13.

Oregon State's hope of winning the game was all but crushed by an interception with less than seven minutes left. That turnover--the sixth of the game--led to another Ducks touchdown. LaMichael James scored again with a 10-yard touchdown run.

With 1:18 left in the game, Oregon State pulled off one more touchdown run to make it a 17-point game. Oregon ran down the clock to finish the game.

More: Complete Civil War coverage

Read or Share this story: