Expect major road closures on the Washington stretch of Interstate 205 throughout the end of September.
The Washington Department of Transportation will shut down I-205 from Northeast 134th street to I-5 most nights as crews remove the overhead portion of the ramp at Northeast 134th Street.
WSDOT advisories said that freeway will be closed to all but local traffic on the evenings of Sept 23, 24, 25, and 28 starting at 10 p.m. Through traffic will be able to use the southbound lanes on the nights of Sept 26 and 27.
There s a Jason Aldean concert on Thursday night at the Sleep Country Amphitheater and Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson play Friday, said Heidi Sause a WSDOT spokesperson. That s 16,000 vehicles a night that we want to be able to accommodate.
Sause stressed that on Sept 29th I-205 will not reopen until 10 in the morning.
Drivers are advised to detour via State Route 14 and Interstate 5.
Starting Wednesday, I-205 drivers can expect construction-related delays near Salmon Creek as work to improve the 1-5, 1-205 interchange continues.
The construction is part of a $133 million freeway and transportation improvement project funded by a 2003 state gas tax increase.
The follow closures begin Monday:
- Monday, Sept. 23: Both directions of I-205 closed, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24: Both directions of I-205 closed, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25: Both directions of I-205 closed,10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 26: Northbound I-205 closed, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27: Northbound I-205 closed, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 28: Both directions of I-205 closed, 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday Sunday, Sept. 29: Road opens at 10 a.m.