WARM SPRINGS, Ore. -- A fire official says a blaze that started in a kitchen area at a north-central Oregon resort has caused extensive fire and water damage and forced Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa to close its main lodge for at least four days.

Warm Springs Fire Chief Dan Martinez tells KTVZ-TV that the only reported injury was a cook who suffered arm burns Thursday.

However, more than 350 people were evacuated and moved to other hotels. Martinez says guests were never in danger but firefighters had to turn off the power grid because water got into that.

The resort on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation announced Thursday night that the lodge would be closed for four days. Martinez said it might take longer to clean up and restore services.

On its Facebook page, the resort said several other areas remain open, including its RV park, village pool, golf course and spa.

View Larger Map

Read or Share this story: