PORTLAND - A paroled sex offender who stabbed and sexually assaulted a 10-year-old boy in the restroom of a Portland fast food restaurant will spend 33 years in prison.

On Wednesday a judge sentenced Adam Brown for the July attack. He had recently change his plea to guilty on ten counts, including attempted aggravated murder, sex abuse, strangulation and assault.

A family statement read by the prosecutor said, You are a sick, evil, twisted, human being.

Brown, 50, will likely spend the rest of his life in prison, as he is in poor health now.

In the July 2012 attack, Brown grabbed the boy, who had gone in the restaurant to use the restroom as his older nephew waited outside for him.

Brown forced the boy in to the restroom and locked the door, then ordered him to take off his clothes and tried to sexually assault him. The boy screamed and started fighting back, according to said Sgt. Pete Simpson with the Portland Police Bureau.

More: Brown's disturbing violent history

During the struggle, Brown stabbed the boy several times, Simpson said. The boy's father heard screams and tried to open the restroom door, but it was locked from the inside. A manager brought a key, then Brown unlocked the door and pushed the boy out, Simpson said.

The boy was rushed to a hospital and underwent surgery. His stab wounds would have been life-threatening had he not received immediate attention, Simpson said.

Patrons pushed against the bathroom door, trapping Brown inside until police arrived and Brown surrendered.

Background:Brown's disturbing violent history

Court records showed in the early 1990s, Brown was charged with 43 counts, including attempted murder and rape, in connection with a series of sexual assaults against children in Douglas County.

Prosecutors said he exposed several children to HIV through sexual contact but those charges were dropped in a plea deal. He ultimately pleaded guilty to three counts of sodomy and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. He was released after serving 11 years.

Last year, Brown had his parole transferred from Douglas to Multnomah County, where he was being supervised as a high risk offender.

KGWReporter Kyle Iboshi contributed to this report

Read or Share this story: