PORTLAND Police on Sunday identified the man killed at a Northeast Portland nightclub early Saturday as 30-year-old Durieul Joseph Harris.

Police also named 44-year-old Fredrick Glenn Conner and 50-year-old Shelia Renee Shelby as the other two victims hit by gunfire.

It all started around 12:45 a.m. Saturday when gang police found a hostile crowd of nearly 100 people outside the Fountaine Bleau nightclub at 237 Northeast Broadway Street, said Sgt. Pete Simpson with Portland police.

People outside the club jumped into cars and took off on foot when cops showed up to find the victims shot, Simpson said.

Police issued a code three, which means all available officers are to respond with lights and siren. The order, issued citywide, was so rare that Simpson could not recall the last one.

Harris died at the scene from multiple gunshot wounds. Conner and Shelby were taken to the hospital with what police said were non-life-threatening injuries.

Police have made no arrests in the shooting, and have not determined a motive.

Raw video: Scene inside triple shooting at nightclub

Neighbors told KGW loud noise and fights have become problems at the club since it opened earlier this year.

Lisa Ball, who lives near the club, said she often calls police to report fights. On Friday she was wearing earplugs and didn't even hear the shooting.

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen, she said. The nights I'm not wearing earplugs, I will call the non-emergency police number and report the fights that are going on, so I almost feel I could have done something to stop it.

On Saturday, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission suspended the Fountain Bleau nightclub's liquor license for a history of serious persistent problems, and a serious danger to the public health and safety related to a series of police responses to the club.

Read: Order of Immediate License Suspension

Northeast Broadway Street from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Northeast 2nd Avenue was closed for more than 12 hours as homicide and gang-enforcement detectives processed the scene.

Anyone who fled the scene without talking to police was asked to call detectives at 503-823-3333.

Read or Share this story: