LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene boy was rushed to the hospital on Christmas Day, after eating a colorful laundry detergent capsule.

Ariel Rathsack said her son Mason drank the liquid out of the capsule, which some kids mistake for candy. Rathsack found out about it after Mason was suddenly having a hard time breathing.

She called an ambulance and the boy was rushed to the hospital.

While the capsules have made headlines in the past, Rathsack said she thought she'd taken the necessary precautions by putting the capsules on top of the washing machine.

He s a climber, she said. So if you have climbers, put it definitely way above where they can reach it.

Doctors said Mason doesn't have any permanent injuries.

Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/26/12595702/