OAKLAND, Ore. -- There are new owners at a historic home in the Douglas County town Oakland, where there's been quite a stink.
Town founder Alonzo Brown built the house in 1888.
The Roseburg News-Review describes it as a four-bedroom, three-bathroom Italianate home, with additions.
The property has been vacant since a foreclosure in 2012 - except for dozens of feral cats who lived around and under the house.
The smell touched off a debate in town about how to deal with the cats. Most have now been trapped by an animal advocate and put up for adoption.
The house itself has new owners, Gordon and Lynn Forbes, who promise a slow, history-minded restoration.
In the meantime, they're running ozone generators day and night to get rid of the cat smell.