LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

OKLAHOMACITY -- The number of kids getting their hands on liquid nicotine used to refill e-cigarettes and being rushed to the emergency room grows each year.

Ren Gaulrapp's 4- year-old happens to be one of them.

Her son was supposed to be taking a nap, when he snuck into her bedroom and got his hands on a small vial of liquid nicotine she uses to refill her e-cigarettes.

We hear a little noise, come in and he has taken the lid off of all of them and has this liquid everywhere. He`s got it all over him. He`s been eating it, says Gaulrapp. The liquid itself is very sweet. There`s not really anything in it in the lower nicotine levels that are going to discourage a child from wanting to play in them.

He vomited all day and then suffered painful withdrawal symptoms.

The accident hasn t stopped Gaulrapp from using e-cigarettes, the liquid nicotine at her home just goes on a higher shelf now and she s added to her son s do not touch list.

Click to read more from KFOR

Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/26/12621144/