LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

WEST LINN -- A fire late Wednesday night rousted a family out of its town home at 201 Virginia Lane and firefighters pulled three snakes from an upstairs room.

A resident called 9-1-1 just before midnight reporting flames on the first floor. Arriving firefighters saw flames and smoke pouring from the rear of the home, said Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue spokesman Brian Barker.

The resident said everyone was out of the home so firefighters quickly went through the front door with a hose. Other firefighters alerted adjoining neighbors but the fire was contained to the town home.

After the flames were out, the resident said three snakes were upstairs, including a 5-foot King snake. Firefighters found the snakes and removed them safely from the home.

The rental town home was not insured.

Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/23/12199434/