FOREST GROVE -- A 2-alarm fire at a historic home may have been started by people trying to make hash oil, according to Capt. Mike Herb of the Forest Grove Fire Department.
Several people were injured in the fire at Main Street and 22nd Avenue. One was sent to a hospital with burns and second hurt a shoulder possibly jumping from a deck. Three others living in the home were being aided by the Red Cross.
A narcotics team was sent to the damaged home.
The owners of the home arrived on scene, devastated, and said they hoped to rebuild the 1860 house.
Herb said manufacturing hash oil requires and extraction process that use butane, creating volatile conditions. Last March, a house fire in the 1900 block of C Street also was ignited by hash oil preparation.