PORTLAND Faulty electrical wiring sparked a blaze inside of a home in Southeast Portland late Friday night, firefighters said.
Crews were challenged to put out the fire at 5815 Southeast Ramona because their path was obstructed by a house filled with clutter, said Ron Rouse with Portland Fire & Rescue.
Just after 11 p.m., firefighters showed up at the home and saw smoke and flames coming from the chimney. After moving things out of the way to make a path to the fire, crews were finally able to extinguish the flames.
All of the home s occupants were out of the house. Crews estimate the damages to be around $10,000.