LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

FOREST GROVE, Ore. -- Police in the town of Forest Grove said an explosion Monday night was caused by a man trying to cook hashish oil out of marijuana.

Witnesses said they heard a loud boom at the home in the 1900 block of C Street, followed by a man running up and down the street screaming that he had been burned.

Forest Grove police said 22-year-old Bernard Frank Heflin eventually admitted to investigators that he was cooking hashish oil using butane as a solvent.

Heflin was treated at the hospital for burns and later arrested on drug and endangerment charges.

A woman, a 10-day-old infant and a 20-month-old child were evaluated and released.

Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/25/12465218/