LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

EUGENE, Ore. Students and staff demanded action from administrators at the University of Oregon Monday, in connection with the alleged rape case that involved three basketball players.

The three have left the campus amid the controversy but many feel that isn't enough. Victim advocates are passionate and argue that things must change.

The men were not charged with any crimes. School officials said Brandon Austin, Damyean Dotson and Dominic Artis will not return to the basketball team, but there was still no word Monday on whether the men will continue to attend the school.

Background: UO defends actions, defers to police investigation

Meanwhile, university administrators have been under the microscope since last week for their handling of the case.

Roughly two dozen demonstrators marched across campus Monday and delivered a list of demands to the UO administrators. Advocates said victims should have a stronger voice, there needs to be more awareness about sexual violence and the university should apologize for the way it's handled this controversial case.

They ve already dismissed the players, now they are looking at the public and saying, OK, we ve dismissed them. No more questions, please go away, said sports analyst John Canzano. But I don t think people are satisfied with what they ve said.

Canzano: Few buying official UOline on rape story

Students and staff continue to ask why university officials took so long to address the allegations.

The UO Coalition to End Sexual Violence has been especially critical of the response and has demanded answers by Thursday.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/26/12635592/