LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

PORTLAND -- A Portland firefighter who was shocked on the job earlier this week has been released from the hospital.

Leo Call said he was fighting a fire on Southwest Dolph Court Monday afternoon when he was shocked by a 240-volt power line. He and other firefighters were pulling down the ceiling to access the home's attic when he came in contact with the line.

A piece of the ceiling also fell on him. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was treated for his injuries overnight and released Tuesday.

Call told KGW Thursday he was just glad he wasn't injured more severely.

I did at one point wonder if I was trapped and if I was getting low on air, he said. I just thought about my son for a second. I didn't know what was going to happen. Then they were pulling everything off me, helping me up.

He said he wants to get right back to work, but he'll likely take a few days off to make sure he's back to 100 percent.

______

KGW Reporter Art Edwards contributed to this report.

Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/25/12547728/