LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A Vancouver, Wash., fire official says two men were burned -- one of them badly -- when gasoline vapors in a garage were ignited as one of the men lit a cigarette.

The Columbian reportsthat a 20-year-old man was burned over nearly half of his body and taken to the burn center at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, Ore.

A 21-year-old man suffered burns on his hand and was treated at a Vancouver hospital.

Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli said the two men were working on motor scooters in the garage when one of them lit up last Friday.

Damage to the garage, house and vehicles was estimated at nearly $150,000.

Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/26/12607770/